- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute carrot and onion in butter until carrot is tender. Add milk, water, broccoli and pepper; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally. Add soup and cheese; cook over low heat until soup is heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Broccoli Cheese Soup
Sort By :
"This recipes was so simple and tasted amazing. It tasted just as good as the recipe I've been making for years and I didn't have to slave away in the kitchen for hours. Needed a little sea salt and more pepper but other than that, it was perfect!!"
"Good and easy as is but next time I will replace the water with chicken broth for even more flavor. :)"
"Making it for dinner tonight :)"
"Made this really fast for my fiance after work, turned out really well i used fresh broccoli instead of the frozen broccoli, but amazingly tasty!!!!"
"My children love this soup! So easy to make..definately a must in our house!"