Speedy Beef Pasties Recipe
I fine it very convenient to make these pasties ahead of tie and freeze. That way I can thaw and bake just the right amount needed for the two of us.—Jeannine Ellis, Michigan City, Indiana
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) diced carrots, drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) pie crust mix
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in carrots, potato, cheese, ketchup, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Prepare pie crusts according to package directions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. square. Cut each into four squares. Place about 1/2 cup met mixture in the center of each square. Moisten edges of pastry with water and fold over filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal; prick tops with a fork. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 400 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Beef Pasties
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC