Speedy Beef Hash Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced green onions and ripe olives, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 7-9 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- 2. Stir in salsa. Sprinkle with cheese; cook until melted. Sprinkle with onions and olives if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 373 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Speedy Beef Hash
"This was very easy and really good. But it is only as good as the salsa you use. So make sure you use salsa you think is really good. I like a fresh made salsa I get at the grocery store. I wouldn't recommend salsa in a jar."