- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced green onions and ripe olives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 7-9 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Stir in salsa. Sprinkle with cheese; cook until melted. Sprinkle with onions and olives if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Beef Hash
Sort By :
"This was very easy and really good. But it is only as good as the salsa you use. So make sure you use salsa you think is really good. I like a fresh made salsa I get at the grocery store. I wouldn't recommend salsa in a jar."
"Quick, easy and tasty! Perfect for when you need something quick."