- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced green onions and ripe olives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 7-9 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Stir in salsa. Sprinkle with cheese; cook until melted. Sprinkle with onions and olives if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Beef Hash in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p21
Reviews for Speedy Beef Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2015 Edited May. 5, 2015
"This was very easy and really good. But it is only as good as the salsa you use. So make sure you use salsa you think is really good. I like a fresh made salsa I get at the grocery store. I wouldn't recommend salsa in a jar."