Speedy Bean Soup
This soup will be put together quick and will be on the table in no time.—Kathleen Drott, Pineville, Louisiana
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) jalapeno pinto beans, undrained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 117 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 601 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.