This soup will be put together quick and will be on the table in no time.—Kathleen Drott, Pineville, Louisiana
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) jalapeno pinto beans, undrained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 quarts.
Originally published as Speedy Bean Soup in Country Woman January/February 1992, p37
Reviews for Speedy Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2012
"This recipe is a family favorite! My 8 year old daughter made this tonight (with my help of course!). We added some chicken broth and some cubed ham, turned out great!"