Speedy Bean Salad
I like to double this recipe and take it along to potlucks and picnics. This refreshing salad is a hit every time I serve it.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 397 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 768 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 11 g protein.