- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Bean Salad in Country Woman November/December 1991, p37
Reviews for Speedy Bean Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2013
I made this recipe for a family get-together, and it's delicious. When I doubled the recipe, I used 1 1/4 cups sugar, 3/4 cup cider vinegar, and 1/2 cup canola oil. I also used red onion and did not include the green pepper.