Speedy Apple Crisp
My husband says he married me for my apple pie, but this recipe is much quicker to make. It's delicious by itself or topped with ice cream.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 5 to 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Spread apples in a 9-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine the
- flour, oats, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and
- topping is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Microwave Directions: Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 231 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.