Speedy Apple Crisp Recipe
- 5 to 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1. Spread apples in a 9-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 231 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Speedy Apple Crisp
"This recipe was quick to prep. I had all of the ingredients on hand. I used a variety of apples that I had and it tasted great. In the future to maybe add a little more flavor, I'd toss the apples in a cinnamon and sugar mixture then top with crumb topping."
"I used two bags of presliced and peeled apples and doubled the rest of the ingredients. This was really good and easy to make. Since I doubled the recipe it did take an hour and a half to cook. Will make again."
"This is very quick to throw together and cook. I made this with Granny Smith and Fuji apples the first time but thought it was too tart so I tried Gala apples. Much better, not too tart and not too sweet. This is great with some vanilla ice cream."
"I have a great big granny smith apple tree in my backyard. I LOVE tart apples! So I just walked outside, plucked a few of the apples and tried this easy apple crisp! It was an absolute hit with the Sunday dinner crew! I didn't tell them how easy it was!"
"I used Granny Smith apples, and while my family liked this I was a bit disappointed. There was not enough crisp to sweeten the tart apples. I like the concept, but next time I think I will make a crumb style pie topper."
"Easy & delicious!! Will definitely make again!"
"Yum. Loved this! I added a pinch of nutmeg."
"I had some apples that were beginning to wrinkle so went on the hunt for a good apple crisp recipe. This crisp was FANTASTIC! I added a pinch of salt and a little freshly ground nutmeg. Family loved it. A small scoop of vanilla ice cream on top made it out of this world delicious. Would definitely make again."