Speedy Apple Crisp Recipe
My husband says he married me for my apple pie, but this recipe is much quicker to make. It's delicious by itself or topped with ice cream.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 5 to 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1. Spread apples in a 9-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 231 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC