- 5 to 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Spread apples in a 9-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Apple Crisp
Sort By :
"This is very quick to throw together and cook. I made this with Granny Smith and Fuji apples the first time but thought it was too tart so I tried Gala apples. Much better, not too tart and not too sweet. This is great with some vanilla ice cream."
"I have a great big granny smith apple tree in my backyard. I LOVE tart apples! So I just walked outside, plucked a few of the apples and tried this easy apple crisp! It was an absolute hit with the Sunday dinner crew! I didn't tell them how easy it was!"
"I used Granny Smith apples, and while my family liked this I was a bit disappointed. There was not enough crisp to sweeten the tart apples. I like the concept, but next time I think I will make a crumb style pie topper."
"Easy & delicious!! Will definitely make again!"
"Yum. Loved this! I added a pinch of nutmeg."