My husband says he married me for my apple pie, but this recipe is much quicker to make. It's delicious by itself or topped with ice cream.
- 5 to 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Spread apples in a 9-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Apple Crisp in Country Woman May/June 1991, p35
Reviews for Speedy Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review