Spectacular Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 cups sugar snap peas
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place squash cut side down in a baking dish. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Cover and bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out the squash and separate strands with a fork. Place squash in a large serving bowl and keep warm. Discard shells.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet; saute mushrooms, zucchini, red pepper, peas, onions and garlic in oil and butter for 15 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, basil, garlic salt and pepper; heat through. Pour over squash. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Spectacular Spaghetti Squash(2)
Sort By :
Very tasty. I tossed the sautéed vegetables in with the spaghetti squash instead of serving on top of the squash to incorporate the flavor better into the squash.
This was really good! I usually just make spaghetti squash with prepared pesto or marinara, but the fresh veggies really added a nice flavor. I didn't add the peas, but I added everything else and it was great.