Spectacular Overnight Slaw Recipe
To come up with this dish, I used a number of different recipes, plus some ideas of my own. It's great for a potluck because it's made the night before and the flavor keeps getting better. Whenever I serve it, I'm inundated with recipe requests. —Ruth Lovett, Bay City, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:14-16 servings
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each salt, celery seed and mustard seed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, peppers and olives. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Mix well before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 120 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC