- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each salt, celery seed and mustard seed
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, peppers and olives. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Mix well before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Spectacular Overnight Slaw
Sort By :
"Made this for a family get together and everyone liked it. It was fresh and light. I did let my dressing cool some before I poured it on the vegetable. Call me crazy."
"I have been making this recipe for years. It was in "Taste of Home " magazine a long time ago. The first time I made it was for a potluck . I knew it was a great recipe when the bowl was cleaned up as if it had been licked clean."
"I am a self-proclaimed coleslaw connoisseur, and while this is very, very good, I wouldn't call it spectacular. It stayed very crisp even after pouring on the boiling-hot dressing. Although it's very tasty, it's not one of my favorite slaws. I did leave out the green olives as I don't care for them. Don't let my review stop you from trying this one though!"
"Has anyone made this with rice vinegar?"