Spectacular Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint coffee ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and walnuts; stir in butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Spread coffee ice cream over crust. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Repeat with vanilla ice cream. Remove pie from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- 3. For sauce, combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan; cook and stir over low heat for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat; slowly stir in cream. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla. Serve warm over slices of pie. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 442 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.