Spectacular Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Biting into this melt-in-your-mouth treat is like having coffee and dessert together. To avoid the holiday baking crunch, you can make it ahead of time and store it in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1/2 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint coffee ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and walnuts; stir in butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread coffee ice cream over crust. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Repeat with vanilla ice cream. Remove pie from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- For sauce, combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan; cook and stir over low heat for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat; slowly stir in cream. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and vanilla. Serve warm over slices of pie. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spectacular Ice Cream Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Spectacular Ice Cream Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Graham Cracker Crust Pies >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Ice Cream Topping Recipes >
- Ice Cream Toppings >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >