Spectacular Dirty Martini Salad Recipe
- 1 medium lemon
- 8 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 frilled toothpicks
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 shallot, halved
- 6 pimiento-stuffed olives plus 1/4 cup juice from the jar, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vodka or additional white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1. Cut lemon in half lengthwise; cut one half into eight thin wedges. Thread olives and lemon wedges onto toothpicks for garnishes; set aside.
- 2. Using the lemon half, moisten the rims of eight large cocktail glasses. Sprinkle salt on a plate; hold glasses upside down and dip rims into salt. Divide the salad greens, tomatoes, onion and sliced olives among prepared glasses. Top each with a prepared toothpick.
- 3. In a food processor, combine shallot and olives; cover and process until finely chopped. Add the vinegar, vodka, olive juice and lemon juice; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Divide among eight shot glasses; serve with salads. Yield: 8 servings.
1 salad with 3 tablespoons dressing (calculated without salt) equals 306 calories, 30 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.