- 1 medium lemon
- 8 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 frilled toothpicks
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 shallot, halved
- 6 pimiento-stuffed olives plus 1/4 cup juice from the jar, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vodka or additional white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- Cut lemon in half lengthwise; cut one half into eight thin wedges. Thread olives and lemon wedges onto toothpicks for garnishes; set aside.
- Using the lemon half, moisten the rims of eight large cocktail glasses. Sprinkle salt on a plate; hold glasses upside down and dip rims into salt. Divide the salad greens, tomatoes, onion and sliced olives among prepared glasses. Top each with a prepared toothpick.
- In a food processor, combine shallot and olives; cover and process until finely chopped. Add the vinegar, vodka, olive juice and lemon juice; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Divide among eight shot glasses; serve with salads. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spectacular Dirty Martini Salad
"Huge hit at my Super Bowl Party!! So very cute. Made it just like the picture!"
"@ J. Roberts. It states in recipe to sub an extra 1/4 cup white wine vinegar if you do not wish to use the vodka. Simply use a full 1/2 cup of the vinegar and skip the vodka.I plan on making these for a New Years party we will attend. They look fantastic."
"Sounds great, very pretty, but what could I substitute the alcohol with, for those who don't partake?"
"I think salt and pepper the rim....Course grind that would give it a cool dirty look...cant wait to make this thanks!"
"fun & delicious!"