Spectacular Citrus Salad Recipe
A delightfully different salad is what I was looking for when I came across the original version of this recipe. I altered it a bit to fit my taste. Each time I serve this salad, it gets raves for being so colorful and refreshing.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 12 cups torn red and green leaf lettuce
- 3 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, oranges, onion and pecans. Add dressing and toss to coat; serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 168 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Spectacular Citrus Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC