Special Wild Rice Salad Recipe
"A friend fixed this for a company outing a few years ago, and it has since become my favorite picnic salad," writes Suzanne Strocsher of Bothell, Washington. Jars of marinated mushrooms and artichoke hearts, along with fresh vegetables, turn prepared rice mix into something special.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 to 3 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) marinated whole mushrooms, undrained
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Cool; place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 168 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC