- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 to 3 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) marinated whole mushrooms, undrained
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Cool; place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Special Wild Rice Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p16
Reviews for Special Wild Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2011
"This is a delicious salad!!! I only wish that my guests hadn't eaten it all so there weren't any leftovers! I'll make it again soon."
Reviewed May. 31, 2010
"I brought this to a pool party and folks asked me for the recipe."