Special Wild Rice Salad Recipe
"A friend fixed this for a company outing a few years ago, and it has since become my favorite picnic salad," writes Suzanne Strocsher of Bothell, Washington. Jars of marinated mushrooms and artichoke hearts, along with fresh vegetables, turn prepared rice mix into something special.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 to 3 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) marinated whole mushrooms, undrained
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Cool; place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Special Wild Rice Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p16
Reviews for Special Wild Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2011
"This is a delicious salad!!! I only wish that my guests hadn't eaten it all so there weren't any leftovers! I'll make it again soon."
Reviewed May. 31, 2010
"I brought this to a pool party and folks asked me for the recipe."