THIS DISH is quick to prepare, but to save time, I'll often boil the sweet potatoes in advance, then complete the recipe the next day. Orange juice and cinnamon are wonderful for enhancing the flavor of sweet potatoes. This classic recipe is great during the holidays. -Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
Recommended: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Drizzle with orange juice and dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes. Top with marshmallows. Bake 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed and golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Special Sweet Potatoes in Reminisce Extra December 1999, p47
Reviews for Special Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review