Special Summer Berry Medley Recipe
- 1 cup sparkling wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring wine and sugar to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Stir in the lemon juice and peel, vanilla and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine berries and mint. Add syrup and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Special Summer Berry Medley
Sort By :
"Made this and subbed apples, grapes and kiwis for the dark berries as they were not on sale in my area. The dressing really sold this for people. I used white grape juice so it was kid friendly."
"That 1/2 cup of sugar is divided over 12 half cup servings. The diabetic exchanges are provided to help people fit this recipe into a healthy diet."
"I have not made this but I am concerned about the amount of sugar used. Is this ok for a diabetic"
"Love the flavors in the dressing! It's delicious on melon and pineapple, too. My only change to the recipe is to cut back the salt to just a pinch--it doesn't need more than that."