No matter how big the meal, folks always find room for this delightfully “special” dessert from Nancy Whitford, Edwards, New York. "With its hint of citrus and mint, this medley makes a light pretty side dish at casual cookouts or potlucks," Nancy says. "Best of all, it’s as fast and easy to make as it is to clean up!"
- 1 cup sparkling wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring wine and sugar to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Stir in the lemon juice and peel, vanilla and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine berries and mint. Add syrup and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Special Summer Berry Medley in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p33
Reviews for Special Summer Berry Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review