Special Stuffed Strawberries
Marcia Orlando from Boyertown, Pennsylvania writes, "These sweet bites can be made ahead of time...and they look really colorful on a tray. I sometimes sprinkle the piped filling with finely chopped pistachio nuts."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 24 large fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup spreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Remove stems from the strawberries. Place point side up on a cutting
- board. Cut a deep "x" in the top of each berry. Carefully spread
- berries apart.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Pipe
- or spoon filling into each berry. Refrigerate until serving. Yield:
- 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One strawberry (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 17 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.