Special Stuffed French Toast Recipe
For a breakfast or brunch sensation, whip up this dish showcasing cherries. The golden-brown Texas toast is delectable with cream cheese tucked between thick slices. The sweet-tart cherry sauce make a pretty and flavorful topping.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups pitted frozen tart cherries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 slices Texas toast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1. For cherry sauce, combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in the water until smooth. Add cherries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over six slices of bread; top with remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk and remaining sugar. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, toast bread on both sides until golden brown. Serve with cherry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 637 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 109 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Special Stuffed French Toast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC