- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups pitted frozen tart cherries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 slices Texas toast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- For cherry sauce, combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in the water until smooth. Add cherries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over six slices of bread; top with remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk and remaining sugar. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, toast bread on both sides until golden brown. Serve with cherry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Special Stuffed French Toast
"This is a delicious recipe. I ended up using strawberries instead of frozen cherries, but it was still amazing."
"This was good. I ended up using milk, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract to mix with the egg. it was very tasty and looked impressive too!"
"I made this with frozen sliced strawberries and fresh bananas instead of cherries (I added the bananas right before serving) and it was very good."
"This was so good. I didn't have cherries. I had a few fresh blueberries. I spread cream cheese mixture on both sides of bread and placed blueberries in between the slices of bread. Then topped with powdered sugar. Sinfully good!"
"WE MAKE IT WITH BANANAS OR STRAWBERRIES. SELOGY"