Special Strip Steaks
I like to use my wonderful cast-iron skillet, inherited from my mother, when I'm preparing this delicious steak, notes Janice Mitchell from Aurora, Colorado.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Rub steaks with garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the sherry or broth,
- Worcestershire sauce and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the steaks and cook over medium heat for 3-7 minutes on each side
- or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat
- thermometer should read 145°, medium, 160°, well-done,
- 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.