- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Rub steaks with garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the sherry or broth, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the steaks and cook over medium heat for 3-7 minutes on each side or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°, medium, 160°, well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Special Strip Steaks
Sort By :
quick and savory - interesting combination with the worchester and green onions. I served it with mashed potatoes and peas. If I make it again, I will put less worchester and cook the steak a little less.