Special Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- 9 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Place dressing ingredients in a blender; cover and process until combined. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Special Strawberry Spinach Salad
"This salad recipe is a keeper! The dressing is wonderful? I will try it again soon as a main dish salad and add some grilled chicken breasts."
"This is amazing. The dressing is so good. Sometimes I add banannas, or you can even add grilled chicken strips to make it a meal."
"I made this for our daughters wedding in 2010. Delicious!!"
"I use baby spinach in this recipe. It is light tasting, and great with the baby spinach. I even use a little less sugar and it's still tasty."
"First made this from the magazine & it's still my favourite company green salad. Dressing is wonderful!"
"dressing is awsome and is great with toasted sesame seeds too"
"My family laughs about all the "Special" recipes Taste of Home has---but this one really IS special!"
"Definitely delicious. I never would have thought to put sesame seeds in the salad, but what a great addition. Yummy!"
"I could easily make a meal out of this salad!!! What a wonderful combination of flavors. A nice accompaniment to most any meal!! Definitely a keeper!!"