Special Strawberry Salad Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (16 ounces) unsweetened frozen strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- Dissolve unflavored gelatin in cold water. In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat cream and sugar until sugar dissolves. Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and vanilla. Pour into a 2-qt. glass bowl; chill until firm. Dissolve strawberry gelatin in boiling water. Drain orange liquid into strawberry gelatin; blend well. Gently stir in strawberries until thawed. Pour over cream layer; arrange oranges on top (allow to settle) and chill until firm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Special Strawberry Salad(2)
Sort By :
I almost passed on this recipe because it seemed like a lot of ingredients & steps, but I'm really glad I gave it a try. The creamy bottom layer is so good & goes very well with the fruity layer. I will be adding this to my menu for Easter dinner.
This is a great recipe and I have had many requests to make it again. I didn't change the recipe when I made it.