Special Strawberry Salad Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (16 ounces) unsweetened frozen strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1. Dissolve unflavored gelatin in cold water. In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat cream and sugar until sugar dissolves. Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and vanilla. Pour into a 2-qt. glass bowl; chill until firm. Dissolve strawberry gelatin in boiling water. Drain orange liquid into strawberry gelatin; blend well. Gently stir in strawberries until thawed. Pour over cream layer; arrange oranges on top (allow to settle) and chill until firm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1/2 cup: 233 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Special Strawberry Salad
"This is a great recipe and I have had many requests to make it again. I didn't change the recipe when I made it."