Special Strawberry Salad Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (16 ounces) unsweetened frozen strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1. Dissolve unflavored gelatin in cold water. In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat cream and sugar until sugar dissolves. Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and vanilla. Pour into a 2-qt. glass bowl; chill until firm. Dissolve strawberry gelatin in boiling water. Drain orange liquid into strawberry gelatin; blend well. Gently stir in strawberries until thawed. Pour over cream layer; arrange oranges on top (allow to settle) and chill until firm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1/2 cup: 233 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Special Strawberry Salad
"I almost passed on this recipe because it seemed like a lot of ingredients & steps, but I'm really glad I gave it a try. The creamy bottom layer is so good & goes very well with the fruity layer. I will be adding this to my menu for Easter dinner."
"This is a great recipe and I have had many requests to make it again. I didn't change the recipe when I made it."