Special Spicy Seafood Sauce Recipe
"I've been serving this tangy seafood sauce for over 30 years, and I'm always asked for the recipe," says Carolyn Chapman, Yelm, Washington. "Low in fat and easy to make, it's a great seafood sauce to serve with a cold shrimp as an appetizer. The recipe is easy to halve or double, too. I've found it's usually smart to make extra. It goes so fast!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. + chilling YIELD:14 servings
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 28 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC