"I've been serving this tangy seafood sauce for over 30 years, and I'm always asked for the recipe," says Carolyn Chapman, Yelm, Washington. "Low in fat and easy to make, it's a great seafood sauce to serve with a cold shrimp as an appetizer. The recipe is easy to halve or double, too. I've found it's usually smart to make extra. It goes so fast!"
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Special Spicy Seafood Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p60
Reviews for Special Spicy Seafood Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review