Special Spicy Seafood Sauce Recipe
"I've been serving this tangy seafood sauce for over 30 years, and I'm always asked for the recipe," says Carolyn Chapman, Yelm, Washington. "Low in fat and easy to make, it's a great seafood sauce to serve with a cold shrimp as an appetizer. The recipe is easy to halve or double, too. I've found it's usually smart to make extra. It goes so fast!"
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Special Spicy Seafood Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p60
Reviews for Special Spicy Seafood Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2013
I got not spicy enough, needed more horseradish. i think if I make it in the future I'll use fresh grated if I can get my hands on it.