Special Shrimp Bake Recipe
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/4 cups cooked rice
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground mace, pepper and cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- In a Dutch oven, bring water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Add shrimp; cook for 3 minutes or until pink. Drain. Sprinkle shrimp with oil and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Add soup, cream, rice, mace, pepper, cayenne, 1/4 cup of almonds and remaining salt. Set aside 1 cup of shrimp. Add remaining shrimp to the rice mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Top with reserved shrimp and remaining almonds; bake 20 minutes longer or until the shrimp are lightly browned. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Special Shrimp Bake
Sort By :
very very good! made it for a potluck last year - no leftovers. will make for christmas dinner this year.