With its delicious mix of crunchy peanuts, tangy dried cranberries and mandarin oranges, this colorful pasta salad is a definite crowd-pleaser. Water chestnuts and a teriyaki dressing give this main dish its Asian flare.—Carolee Ewell, Santaquin, Utah
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/3 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a very large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar and pepper. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add the remaining ingredients; gently toss to coat. Yield: 22 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Special Sesame Chicken Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p27
Reviews for Special Sesame Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review