Special Seafood Skillet Recipe
- 1/4 cup each chopped carrot, celery, onion and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen bay scallops, thawed
- 1/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- 1. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot, celery, onion, red pepper, corn and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove to a bowl and keep warm.
- 2. Add remaining oil to the skillet; stir-fry scallops, shrimp, seafood seasoning and soy sauce for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Using a slotted spoon, transfer seafood to the bowl with the vegetable mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, mozzarella cheese and nutmeg until smooth. Return seafood and vegetables to skillet; stir in cream cheese mixture and heat through. Serve with pasta or rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (calculated without pasta or rice) equals 576 calories, 38 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 198 mg cholesterol, 1,048 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.