Special Seafood Linguine Recipe
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, garlic and parsley in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, soup, lemon juice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the shrimp and crab; simmer for 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to package directions; drain. Serve seafood mixture over linguine; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 398 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.