Special Seafood Kabobs Recipe
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces swordfish steak, cut into six pieces
- 4 sea scallops
- 4 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the swordfish, scallops and shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a bacon piece around each scallop. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the scallops, swordfish, shrimp, vegetables and pineapple.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill seafood, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque, shrimp turn pink, and scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 382 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Special Seafood Kabobs
"I made these for company, and everyone loved them. Swordish was not available so I used halibut, and it turned out fine. Served with rice pilaf and roasted asparagus, this was a nice healthy and EASY meal."