Special Seafood Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) crab
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, chopped and patted dry
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute scallops, onion and celery in butter until scallops are firm and opaque. Stir in flour until blended. Add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheddar cheese, sherry, salt and cayenne, stirring until cheese is melted. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 2. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer the shrimp, crab, artichokes and water chestnuts. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with almonds and Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 518 calories, 30 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 236 mg cholesterol, 894 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Special Seafood Casserole
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.