- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute scallops in 2 tablespoons oil until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine the chives, vinegar, garlic, tarragon, honey, mustard and remaining oil. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- Divide salad greens among four plates; top with carrots, tomato and scallops. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Special Scallops Salads
Sort By :
I really enjoyed this. My husband didn't like it as much as I did, but thought the salad went really well with the scallops.
This recipe was absolutely delicious. The flavors blended beautifully. Sea scallops were just too expensive, so I used precooked shrimp, which I had in the freezer. I prepared the ingredients for the sauce early in the day and cooked it per the recipe, adding the shrimp just long enough to heat through, and served it as a complete meal with french bread on a 100+ degree afternoon.
This recipe was so delicious! I love that you could serve it as an appetizer or increase the recipe and serve it as a meal.