Special Scallops and Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken and scallops in batches; shake to coat. In a large skillet, saute chicken and scallops in oil until lightly browned. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In the pan drippings, saute mushrooms and onion. Add wine or broth. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons. Combine cornstarch, cream and tarragon until blended; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon over chicken and scallops. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 421 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.