THE ADDITION of carrots and green pepper makes this a colorful dish, which also grabs attention at a potluck. (For these occasions, I double the recipe). This casserole is also great when you need to prepare a dish ahead of time. All you need to do is bake it before serving. -Mrs. J. Brown, Fort Dodge, Iowa
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Special Scalloped Corn in Reminisce November/December 1999, p45
Reviews for Special Scalloped Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review