- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; sear 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, combine chives, vinegar, garlic, tarragon, honey, mustard and remaining oil. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Divide greens, carrots and tomato among four plates; top with scallops. Drizzle with dressing; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Special Scallop Salad
"OUTSTANDING...EVEN MY HARD TO PLEASE HUSBAND LICKED THE PLATE."
"I really enjoyed this. My husband didn't like it as much as I did, but thought the salad went really well with the scallops."
"This recipe was absolutely delicious. The flavors blended beautifully. Sea scallops were just too expensive, so I used precooked shrimp, which I had in the freezer. I prepared the ingredients for the sauce early in the day and cooked it per the recipe, adding the shrimp just long enough to heat through, and served it as a complete meal with french bread on a 100+ degree afternoon."
"This recipe was so delicious! I love that you could serve it as an appetizer or increase the recipe and serve it as a meal."