Special Romaine Salad Recipe
This jazzed-up romaine salad with homemade croutons is loaded with flavor. Curry powder gives the dressing zip, while crumbled blue cheese adds richness.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick), cubed
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oil and garlic powder. Add bread cubes; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 2. For salad dressing, in a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, grated Parmesan cheese, soup mix, curry and anchovy paste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. In a salad bowl, combine romaine and blue cheese. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 189 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Special Romaine Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC