Special Request Casserole Recipe
This has been a family favorite for years, and I made it often when my two children were growing up. The kids are now grown and away from home, but whenever they visit, they always put in a special request for this delicious cheesy dish.
- 30 saltine crackers
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Crumble crackers into a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over crackers. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Special Request Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p23
Reviews for Special Request Casserole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2012
This was a perfect fit for using up the last of a few things in the kitchen on vacation. I used Club Crackers with great result. I added diced red onion. I didn't use any of the butter and it was fine (didn't mean to omit it, just forgot to add it).
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >