Special Radicchio-Spinach Salad Recipe
Almost too pretty to eat, this colorful salad combines mint, chipotle pepper and honey to create a refreshing sweet-spicy flavor combination. Roxanne Chan of Albany, California shares the recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 head radicchio, torn
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 to 3 teaspoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine the lime juice, oil, honey, chipotle pepper and salt. Cook and stir until blended and heated through. Immediately pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 92 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC