Almost too pretty to eat, this colorful salad combines mint, chipotle pepper and honey to create a refreshing sweet-spicy flavor combination. Roxanne Chan of Albany, California shares the recipe.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 head radicchio, torn
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 to 3 teaspoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine the lime juice, oil, honey, chipotle pepper and salt. Cook and stir until blended and heated through. Immediately pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Special Radicchio-Spinach Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p62
Reviews for Special Radicchio-Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2009
"This was a great hit at my grandaughters graduation. I also added roasted sunflower kernels, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds; dill weed, garlic powder and dry mustard."