Vinegar and yogurt give this salad a refreshing tang that's unlike typical potato salads with heavy creamy dressings. My family loves the crispness of the onion and celery and the heartiness that comes from the eggs and crumbled bacon. -Page Alexander, Baldwin City, Kansas
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, basil, pepper and salt. Drain potatoes; cut into 1-in. chunks and add to vinegar and oil mixture while still warm. Toss to coat; cool completely.
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream and garlic salt. Add onion, celery, bacon and eggs; mix well. Add to potato mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill for several hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Special Potato Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p31
Reviews for Special Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review