- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, basil, pepper and salt. Drain potatoes; cut into 1-in. chunks and add to vinegar and oil mixture while still warm. Toss to coat; cool completely.
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream and garlic salt. Add onion, celery, bacon and eggs; mix well. Add to potato mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill for several hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Special Potato Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p31
Reviews for Special Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2014
"No mayonnaise! I made this twice--the first time I left out the bacon, and the second time I put bacon in. It was good both times, but better with the bacon. I didn't have time to let it cool, and it was still very good."