Special Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt if desired and pepper. Cut each tenderloin into six pieces; flatten to about 1-in. thickness. Melt butter in a large skillet. Dip pork into flour mixture; add to skillet and brown on both sides. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over pork. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with margarine and light soy sauce and without salt) equals 341 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Special Pork Tenderloin
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.